Thursday, March 09, 2006

Recovering....

Wow. NASTY flu bug. My sympathies to anyone who has had it or is going through it. Blech indeed. Rob is still off work ill but Oz and I are much better. It's still been a tough week - Tuesday was almost as bad as Monday but I escaped to teach Monkey Music in the afternoon (I was awful - had hardly any voice but the babies didn't mind). Don't know if anyone watches Coronation Street but I caught it this week and there was Sally, in the car, with her naughty daughter beside her, totally losing the plot. That was me on Tuesday driving home from picking Oz up - he and Elijah had been winding eachother up and he was screaming - though I drove safer than Sally did, I still felt totally insane with stress.......was very hard to unwind.

Yesterday though an internet chum and her daughter came to visit. She's totally amazing - she and I met when pregnant on a bulletin board and we bonded BIG time. We have so much in common it almost scares me - to the point that we both turned up yesterday with the same bag - a freebie from Red Magazine!!! I love her to pieces and want to see more of her - so if you're reading this babe (and I know you are) - see you next weekend I promise!

So it was a fun day - went to Gambado and met up with another friend, Louise (who is also my childminder and mum of Elijah) and it was fab -the kids played, we gossiped. Lovely.

Oz wasn't quite his usual boisterous self - and today when we were at Monkey Music (as punters) he was very clingy - still is very clingy actually all day.....

I've devised a solution next time I'm stressed to hell -just mixed myself a chill out CD which I will put on and sing along to, drowing out my child....here is my mix

Fields of Gold - Eva Cassidy
No Worries - Simon Webbe (LOVE this song at the moment - makes me smile)
Bridge Over Troubled Water - S&G
Vincent - Don McLean
Lullaby - Lemar
More Than Words - Xtreme
Put Your Records On - Corrinne Bailey Rae
Somewhere Only We Know - Keane
Castles In The Air - Don McLean
Better Together - Jack Johnson
Gold - Stevie Wonder
Shape of My Heart - Sting
Ship of Fools - Erasure
stone in my Shoe - Alisha's Attic
Bad Day - Daniel Powter
Strange And Beautiful - Aqualung
Sister Fatima - Don McLean

Ok - a prevalence of Don McLean there but I love him - he chills me out every time -and it's an eclectic mix - I have wierd taste in music.....but it's a nice combo for me and I'm going to singalong to it now while Oz is still napping.

Glad to be back in the land of the blogs - feels like ages since I updated but then this week seems eternally long - time always drags when you're feeling poorly.

Oh - forgot to mention - bit excited - going down to Southampton tomorrow night (Oscar is sleeping over with Grandma) as The Witches Hammer is being screened on Saturday morning - Rob is coming too -a night in a hotel (woo hoo) and a chance to watch myself biting necks - very fun (though the screening is at 10.30am - not the best time for a horror film). I'll let you know how it went! And hopefully will have some idea of release dates etc....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love Vincent. And Corrine Bailey Rae xxxxxxxxx