Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Manic Day!

After yesterday I was hoping for a quiet peaceful day - uh uh- I got a call at 7.30 am to say that I did need to cover Monkey Music for the sick teacher- 4 classes this morning. So Oz and I jumped into the car - luckily I hadn't unpacked any instruments from yesterday's class - Louise was lovely. Though Oscar woke up much happier this morning - babbling away to his toys instead of crying - he usually babbles quite happily every morning so hearing him chat away this morning was a relief - he's back to his usual self.

He wasn't happy about being left at Louise's though quickly settled in. I had 4 busy classes- hard to fit in with what Kate's taught them - wasn't sure if they knew certain songs or not - and the older kids had all been told to bring in toy animals and I wasn't sure what to do with them! Sang Old Macdonald and winged it!

Picked Oz up - he slept at home for an hour and a half (while I did washing, bits and bobs etc.) and then dumped him straight back in the car and went to visit my friend Amy - she has a little boy, James, a year older than Oscar and a baby daughter Emily who is 3 months old. James and Oscar have a great time playing. James is the boss - telling Oscar what to do - they both seem to love it! Emily is an angel with the CHUBBIEST cheeks!

And then home in time for tea - tuna noodle casserole for Oz - good bathtime and cheerful bedtime. He's back to normal for now though still incredibly snotty and dribbly . I'll let you know if any teeth appear.

I made Chicken Parmesan for dinner - very American - and VERY yummy. I was quite proud of myself! Leftovers for Oz tomorrow plus a portion to freeze for another day. I'm off to listen to my Paul McKenna hypnosis cd and off to bed early.

I'm supposed to go to Monkey Music with Oz tomorrow- don't know if I can face it! Mum and Dad come back from the Maldives tomorrow too - I've really missed my mother even though she's only been away for a week - we usually talk every day and see eachother at least once a week....just shows you - there's nothing like a Mum!

2 comments:

Kirsti said...

Glad that the lad's feeling better. And I'm sure he'll appreciate Monkey Music class, even if you're sick to the back teeth of the songs....

Unknown said...

I looove chubby cheeks on babies. Just want to nibble on them. You sound very busy Sal. Chicken parm sounds divine. How do you find time to cook as well as monkeying all over the place?? xx