Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Anyone know a good exorcist?

I'm afraid, despite the lovely comments and hopes and wishes winging around the ether, Oscar's moods haven't lightened up. He was the f****ing anti-christ today. Interspersed with angelic moments.

We had to be out of the house all day as I'm having my dining room painted so the fumes were bad - we were relying on my various mommy friends to keep us out of the house all day.

This morning he kept hitting his little playmates. We'd been invited to a friend's for morning tea - she's dead posh and lovely, I don't know her that well, and she lives in a house that has stepped straight out of the pages of a magazine - pristine -she'd baked homemade chocolate cake, had decaf earl grey tea (you can see where I'm going here, can't you).

Oscar insisted on unpacking the hostess's bin, hitting her daughter over the head with a beaker then head-butting the floor and screaming that he'd banged his head. I don't think we'll get a repeat invitation.

He fell asleep in the car and I delivered him, sleeping, to the childminder while I taught Monkey Music to a group of people who, no matter how hard I try, don't interact with me...and all the kids are under one. So it's always a struggle to fill the time....

Picked Oz up - Louise told me what an angel he'd been. He promptly threw a tantrum, hit Elijah and grabbed a handful of my neck and scratched so hard I still have a mark. All because I tried to put his shoes on. We went to another friend's house, Andrea's, where Oscar proceeded to bash Frank on the head with a toy car, throw a tantrum because I wouldn't let him eat a balloon and when our Andrea made him dinner, threw it on the floor and screamed.

Screamed in the car all the way home (I'm on the verge of either bursting into tears or stopping the car and dumping him on the pavement and driving off). I put teletubbies on the video and shove a sausage roll in his hand. And shut the door on the living room and go into the kitchen (stopping to admire my beautifully painted dining room). I cooked dinner. Rob came home and took over.

I'm just about unwound now after some more wonderful Tylenol PM - I've got such a tension headache.

Remind me again why I thought it would be ok for Rob to go to Utah?

ARGH!!!

In fairness to the demented auburn midget, I think he may be teething. I'm very proud of the fact that I didn't hit him or shout at him at all. I told him sternly that I was very cross and that he was naughty to hit his friends. I made him say sorry each time and he did and I praised him for it. But by Christ. If this is the beginning of the terrible two's I think I want a refund.

I'd been getting really broody recently - lots of pregnant pals, and newborns knocking around....today has cured me somewhat....can't imagine dealing with this AND an ickle baby...

Kirsti - send me more Tylenol.....or valium......

6 comments:

Dixie said...

Oh Sal! I'm so sorry Oscar's not behaving well. I wish I could come babysit so you could have a few stress free hours.

All I can say is they usually outgrow it. Hope for your sake he outgrows it as super sonic speed!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Toddlerville. Here, have some bouborn.

You have my empathy. Been there, still there.

So long, farewell! said...

Valium on the way darlin - one lump or two?

Sorry Oz is being satan :o( You can still post him up here if you like.

What colour is your lovely new dining room?

xxx

PS I tried to phone Kaz but got ansaphone so they may be away (is it half term?)

Clare said...

Breathe deeply and tell yourself that it is normal behaviour. Anyone who tells you their child never behaves/d like that is a LIAR. I know it doesn't help but you are not alone! Hope the little bugger calms down for when his daddy's away.(oh, did I say bugger, I meant darling!)

Kirsti said...

TYlenol PM can be on its way to you tomorrow if you still like. And something to drug Oz with as well.... Hope he's behaving somewhat better today. The more you can relax with it, I'm sure he'll be less tense too (said the woman with no parenting experience whatsoever). Or just drop him off at mum's....

Unknown said...

I feel for you Sal. Sylvie had her first kicking legs tantrum yesterday because she wanted a toy that was 10cm away from her hand but didnt want to get it herself, she wanted me to pass it to her!!

When Ruby used to behave like this away from home (at friends or playgroup) I would simply pack up and go home and explain that we were going home because of how she'd been. I know this isnt always practical and some may disagree with the method. Ruby soon realised that being naughty when out and about meant leaving playgroup or her friends house early which she obviously didnt want. It also meant that at times I didnt get a break and had to leave somewhere before I really wanted to aswell. She was a bit older though I think.

It so hard at times xxx