Monday, March 06, 2006

Anybody want to buy a toddler?

Teething. For those of you in the know I probably don't need to say anything else.

ALL day Oscar has screamed and tantrummed. For the only reason that he is in pain. I know that's a good reason. I can't imagine how much it hurts. Possibly as much as my head?

I have NEVER wanted a cigarette more.

He's been truly horrible. A molar is poking through on one side - god knows how many more are coming.

Nothing is making him happy. I made 6 different breakfasts. Nope. I sang a whole Monkey Music medley. Nope. I pulled faces. Changed channels on the TV. Baby Einstein held him for 10 minutes. Teletubbies were not enough. QVC piqued his interest for a while.....I considered selling Oscar on QVC and was imagining patter....

In the end I put him in the car - turned the radio up so loud I could hardly hear him scream and dumped him at my mothers house.

I went to Costa Coffee seeking refuge.

It was full of screaming kids.

He was, of course, an angel for my mum. Ate for the first time in days. Slept for 2 hours. I picked him up, took him home and his other personality emerged....

Today - I really didn't want to be where I was or with him at all. I know I should be grateful and that my perspective is gone. I know it will pass. I know he can't help it. BUT....

I'm getting over the flu. I have the psycho baby from hell. I want a cigarette. I'm whiny. I don't give a shit.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I empathize. I so, so, so empathize. We're in the middle of a similar day here and I'm ready to fling myself out the window.

Maybe QVC can run a 2-for-1 Oz and CJ special...

Al said...

Well done for not slipping on the ciggies, I unfortunately, have :( This age can be hard work and it has been a toss up between Green and Black's Cherry Chocolate or a ciggie at times, I have um, despite being on a diet and on strict instructions not to smoke from the consultant, had both a couple of times in the last two weeks!

Hope tomorrow is a better day. Bring him over here if he gets too much.

Alx

Clare said...

Ha Sal! Now you are a real mum! Little angel/little shit, you gotta love em!

Dixie said...

I'd babysit if I could get there! I really would!

So long, farewell! said...

Big hugs darlin, sorry you're having it crappy. Hopefully those teeth will pop through quick and you'll have your lad back to his old self again.

In the meantime, pop along to my blog and play 'guess the sub-lebrity'... it might cheer you up :o)

love and hugs

xxx

So long, farewell! said...

PS - Is he too young for Bongela (sp?) that stuff you rub on sore gums etc

Anonymous said...

Am I stating the obvious if I say Calpol and (again he might be too young) oil of cloves (works on vicious wisdom teeth.)

Bonne courage x x Pearl

zoe xx said...

He is so secure with you he feels he can be a bugger - that's why he's better for your mum - not that he isn't secure and loving of her, but, you're his mum, so it's really, really ok as you love him unconditionally and he knows that. So it's kind of a compliment really. Also he had a change of scenery, which he probably needed - after all you did!

Sending you HUGE hugs - well done for keeping off the nicotine, you won't regret it, and remember, this too will pass. xxx