Friday, February 24, 2006

18 months old

Today! Happy year and a half Oz! Can't quite believe it. He's so grown up you know....new words today include boobies, Frank and stinker.

Last night Rob taught him (accidentally) to say S H I T. He was giving him cough medicine and dropped the spoon....and Oscar parroted him perfectly.

Time to watch our language. Oz hasn't said it since (neither has Rob)

We got some new (ish) furniture today - some friends are letting their house and had to let it unfurnished - so we now have stylish 3 seater and 2 seater settees in place of the horrible sofa and armchair left behind by the previous owner of our house. We had to take our bannister down to get the old sofa out (which is why the previous owner had left it) but it's been worth it. Cost £100 for the removal men to pick up the settees and take away our old ones. But it looks so much nicer....I'll have to post some pics when I remember to buy some batteries.

Oz has horrendous nappy rash tonight - it's really nasty - he had diahorrea (sp?) and I didn't notice - it had dripped down his leg and formed a real sore - I feel so guilty (again) and he's not at all happy - we've left his pj bottoms off tonight - wish I could leave his nappy off as it's so sore - but if he did pee in the night as he usually does, it would make it worse. I've slathered him in sudocrem....poor little man. His cough is a bit better though.

Right - off to tidy up the living room - moving the old sofa out I found lots of interesting things - including an out of date cheque I'd never cashed for £57!....hopefully I can get it reissued from the University.

3 comments:

Dixie said...

Poor Oz's bum! Glad his cough is better though.

Isn't getting a new look in your home wonderful? And so is finding lost money!

zoe xx said...

Cough and nasty nappy sounds like teeth to me - has he got molars or incisors yet? If not, could be. And be afraid, be very afraid...

So long, farewell! said...

Hurrah for new sofa's! (and even more hurrah for finding money!)