Saturday, January 07, 2006

Yawn

Warning - before reading this post be aware that I'm very sleepy and may type absolute bollocks. Normal service will be resumed after sleep.

Thought I should write something as I've been a bit lax on the updating. Rob has been away at a conference in Reading for 3 days - though he's been coming home each night (late). So I've had the boy all day and bedtime routine and it really knackers me out! It's surprising how effective being able to hand over at 6.30pm is. I've missed Rob so much.

And Oz missed his Daddy - hadn't seen him since Wednesday night (due to early leaving and late returning) so he was gleeful when he saw Rob tonight. Kept hugging his head a lot. Cute

Went to the Horniman Museum with my Mum and Oz today as I was running out of ideas - and Oz was running out of patience - he's been very moody recently - all tantrummy and throwing things. The Horniman is wonderful - an eclectic mix of exhibits with a natural history slant. I went there a lot when Oscar was tiny - we spent a lot of time in the Gardens and only wandered in to the museum itself when it was raining. However now he's a bit bigger he loved it - checked the buggy into the cloakroom and let the boy loose. He had a great time wandering around the (slightly creepy) stuffed animal gallery shouting "bird" at the top of his voice (there were a lot of birds). He learnt a new word - Ox - and I attemped to correct him when he identified a Dugong as a fish but hey....he's only 1 6 months old....

In the interactive musical gallery he caused great mirth as he kept banging a drum and then raising the beater in the air and shouting "stop"( - he's learnt this at monkey music - ) and getting pissy with the other kids who didn't know what he was doing and kept playing. I kept getting asked how old he was - most of the other kids were a lot older, and less verbal. I did realise - and this isn't just proud mummy bragging - that his speech is really quite advanced for his age. Either that or all the kids in the museum (and there were MANY) were struck dumb by his good looks.

He also discovered glass today. The doors to the gallery are wooden but bordered with thick glass - Oz kept walking straight into it. Couldn't quite understand that if he could see through it, it didn't necessarily mean he could walk through it. I think he may get it now.

And his other favourite was the open beehive - it has glass sides so you can see the bees (there were many today cos it's so cold and they were inside and dozy). He shouted "bee" a lot and buzzed.

He was doing lots of signing too - the sign for bee, bird, duck, elephant. And saying "listen" a lot too - especially in the music gallery.

He's a star. Though he's exhausted me with the tantrums and temper. It's the beginning, I know, of this stage of his development. Argh!

Ok this post has turned into another mummy brag. Apologies.

One favour you could do me though, kind reader - my friend Jemma has been in hospital - she's only 28 weeks pregnant but has been having braxton hicks and was kept in and medicated to stop early labour. This happened with her first child (who was born a bit early but healthy and fine) so I know she knows the score - but if you could send her positive thoughts/prayers/good wishes/white light - whatever your bag is - I'd be happy. Positive thinking can be a miracle in my opinion.

Thank you. I'm off to bed. I'll be more coherent next time...

3 comments:

Kirsti said...

Hey, this is your blog. You're allowed to mummy-brag as much as you want. Besides, you're really only writing this to keep the Aunties updated anyway, right? ;)

Sending prayers ascending for Jemma and her baby too.

So long, farewell! said...

Hello you - sounds like you had a fun day. The little man sounds a right chatterbox... but the best people always are :o)

How is Jemma? I was sending her vibes.

All good here but lots of nausea & cramps (and I look like I have swallowed a beach ball). Send vibes here if you can cos I'm a little scared as it's around 'that time'.

xxx

So long, farewell! said...

Awww, thanks for the lovely word pet and don't worry about the card - you have a little tyke on your hands!

I have an upgraded neocounter for you so give us a ring when you have time and I can tell you how to install it etc..

Take care chuck

x