Friday, January 13, 2006

It went well!!!

Thank you thank you thank you to everyone who left me positive comments and texted me this morning. I swear I could feel the good vibes coming at me from all sides.

It went really well. I was very nervous and got there an hour early (!) typical me - but it meant I had time to set up, accustom myself to the space and do a vocal warm up - though I'll need to do a better one next week as I'm a bit hoarse now! And I must eat breakfast - I didn't and my tummy was louder than my voice in the last class.

The kids were adorable - the little ones were so sweet and the older ones a bit unruly but they all had fun. I made a couple of mistakes - mainly with my cd - I'd burnt a new one and obviously made a mistake with my track listings as I kept cueing up the wrong song. I think I covered it.

Rebecca, my boss, turned up in the second session - I'm really glad I didn't know she was coming as I was nervous enough.

But I just spoke to her and she's begging me to take on 3 more classes. Which can't be a bad sign! I'm trying to work out if it's possible with the job at the University of London and I think it might be - would mean I'd be working 4 days a week instead of 3 though....but it's good money and I think I'll really enjoy both jobs.

Now I've got the first sessions out of the way I'm really looking forward to next week. Thank you again for rooting for me!

4 comments:

Al said...

Glad to hear it all went well. Perhaps this is a sign that you should stick with working with little people rather than at stuffy universities! You've found your niche.

See you soon
Alx

Nic said...

YAY!! Sounds like they like you if she wants you to do 3more classes. At this rate you'll not need the other job because you'll be raking it in with monkey music.
Nic
xx

So long, farewell! said...

Congratulations darlin - so glad it went well, was thinking of you :o) You can cover anything petal - remember the famous cough in Dublin *grin* - I bet Joe Public didn't notice a thing...

Thank you for generating so many vibes for me too, it's really kind of you and your friends to keep me, Captain Fantastic and Cocoa in your thoughts and it must be helping cos all looks well. Next week will be the biggie though so save a few more for next Friday :o)

xxx

Dixie said...

Yay, yay, yay! I'm so proud of you! Wish I could take you out to celebrate!