Sunday, January 22, 2006

Hello

Not a lot to write about today...just refuse to go to bed before 10pm! That would make me too sad and middle aged....so I'll spend the ten minutes until ten chatting to cyberspace!

We went out again today - Rob is quite down and moody - he gave up smoking on New Years Eve and is doing amazingly well - only lapsed 3 times - but I think it's hard on weekends. He used to spend most of his weekend in the shed (the only place he could smoke indoors) with his books and his paper and pens (he doodles and writes) and it was his sanctuary. He doesn't really know what to do with himself at the moment and is unenthusiastic until we actually get out of the house.

I can't stay in and Oscar definitely won't stay in all day. He needs to run about. So we went to the Horniman this afternoon - he had the attention span of a gnat so we didn't stay in the museum for long - spent the rest of the time running round outside. He's got so much energy! Unlike his parents!

I'm getting very hormonal...so many friends are pregnant again it's making me want to do it. Not enough to get off my butt and stop eating too much - I'm exercising a LOT - 3 times a week at the gym - but not losing any weight and it isn't just because muscle weighs more. I'm still not dieting even though I mean to. I've been good today - all low cal stuff except for some bread this evening with some soup. I need to get my arse in gear and lose weight so I can get pregnant again.

Next year though I think....despite the broodiness I'm too busy to get pregnant at the mo! Monkey Music is taking off....my business with Julie is gaining momentum - we did a lot of work last week and hope to launch in June - watch this space....so a baby wouldn't be easy at the moment (not that I imagine a small baby and a toddler to be easy). I'm lucky that so many friends are pg so I can live vicariously through them, play with their adorable teeny tiny babies and then give them back! That's better I think.

Rambling now aren't I! I wish I could be witty like Poppy or profound like Beege or saucy like Jodi....or interesting like all of the people listed to my right there....ho hum......

I think I'm premenstrual again! Excuse the paragraph of self-pity! LOL! I'm really very happy with my life at the moment.

I'm taking Oz to tumbletots next week and I'm really looking forward to it - he's very athletic - loves to climb things and throws himself off things head first on a regular basis - so hopefully tumbletots will channel that energy in a safe way!

Ok - it's 10pm - I'm going to go in and sit and watch Oscar sleep for a few minutes (a nightly ritual that I love. I hold his little hand if it's near the edge of the crib) Its one of my favourite moments of the day - hearing his little snuffles, sending him sweet dreams.....

Ahhhh - I am premenstrual. Next thing I'll be bawling my eyes out at an andrex ad!

Good night people!

3 comments:

So long, farewell! said...

Hello you - see, I told you I was huge :o) lol

Tell Rob to hang on in there, it's hard but possible. I am still craving fags but it is better now that Captain Fantastic is not smoking (although it's not better mood wise if you get my meaning)... I have lost him to computer games most of the time, but if that's what he needs to do to beat the craving, so be it.

Enjoy your PMT - I have been banned from everything (ie reading, watching TV etc) cos it all makes me cry.

Do you think you are going to start extending the family soon then? Do you really need to lose weight first or is that just something you'd prefer? Answers on a postcard please :o) I suggested we wait until Cocoa is 6 months then try for number 2 and you should have seen his face - luckily I was only winding him up but it was a joy to behold!

How's the knitting going?

xxx

Al said...

Hiya hun

Understand the wanting to lose weight before trying for another baby, I know I would want to be pencil thin before trying for another one, if I were to try for another one that is! 3 is keeping me busy enough thank you! But I put on masses of weight when pg (8 stone with the twins and 5 1/2 stone with Jack who only weighed 3lb for gods sake!!) so need to be mega thin to start of with.

Tell Rob to hang in there with the smoking, I gave up July 4 2003, so 2 1/2 years now. Just stopped on a trip to Alton Towers, the first month was hard and I have had the odd one or two recently but I'm surprised and pleased that it's not become the norm again. Can you imagine what my doctors would say?!?!

See you thursday hopefully, Jack the Stuntman will join Oscar in kamikaze high dives at Adventure Kingdom!

Alx

EG said...

Hiya!

Aww I love the bit at the end about going to see Oz asleep, I love watching my kids sleeping, they look so angelic you forget about all the naughty/mischevious things they get up to!

Well done to Rob!!! Soon he will be walking past smokers holding his breath cos he'll hate the smell!

Ess. x