Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Bricking it

My first Monkey Music teaching is on Friday. I've got 3 classes (the 4th only had 2 people in it so they've cancelled it - boo). 2 babies classes and 1 twos and threes. It's the twos and threes that worry me as I've attended the baby classes as a mum and I know what to expect (and I know the songs off by heart already).

The other one is all new.

And I know I'll be fine - I'm a performer etc. etc...it's just first night nerves as it were. Once I've got Friday done, I'll know what to expect.

I keep having anxiety dreams and waking up in the night worrying. Hate it.

So not a long post - I'm off to try and have an early night. I stayed up too late last night on the phone to a stonecutter friend in need in America and was so wired at the end of the conversation I couldn't sleep at all....

My wonderful stonecutter pals are rallying round though - they're such amazing women - and my friend will soon be getting lots of love and help. Hoorah.

Ok - send me positive vibes please! (oh and send some to Moxie too - she is carrying a precious bundle in her belly that needs to stay in there and get comfy)

Argh...I'm so nervous!

6 comments:

Al said...

Loads of positive vibes coming your way. You were absolutely brilliant at the practice run you did. The great thing with little people is that if you start to go a bit wonky, they don't notice if you blag it! Remember what I said, come and do it in Biggin Hill!!

Alx

Anonymous said...

You'll be great! I wish we had Monkey Music here; Clara Jane would love it.

Can't wait to hear how it goes!

So long, farewell! said...

You will be fab darlin - just remember we have both got through tougher things with little or no rehearsal (and no backing tracks!), hell, not just 'got through' - done a great job, so this will be a walk in the park.

If they are snooty, just sing 'What's in my Box' at them with venom :o)

xxx

PS Thanks for the Vibes shout out - I could really do with them today (DH is off the fags.... help me!)

zoe xx said...

You will be completely fabulous! As soon as you start the songs, they will be captivated! Best of luck, and best wishes to Moxie xx

Anonymous said...

Oooh break a leg for today!!! You'll be fab!!!

Nic said...

How did today go? I'm sure it went well. Good luck!!
Nic
xx