Friday, December 30, 2005

Trying to be eloquent

I'm trying to write a retrospective of 2005. I can't think of anything! So much has happened this year - personally and globally. Globally it kind of sucked. I know people who were affected badly by hurricanes and someone who still hasn't recovered from experiencing the Tsunami in the Maldives.

Personally I can't believe when I look back at photos of Oscar in January how much he's changed. It's the first full year I've had him in my life (jan - dec) and I can't quite remember what my life was like before.

New Year will bring new things - teaching Monkey Music starts on Friday 13th (kind of worrying). I'll probably be going back to admin work part time in February. I'm hoping I'll get pregnant next summer some time possibly.

Some things have suffered this year - my relationship with Rob is changed beyond belief and has been rockier this past year than it ever has been. We'll have been married 10 years in May 2006 which is awesome. I wanted to have a big celebration but I don't think we can afford it.

I still want to start my own business with Julie next year but financial pressures (ie me going back to admin work) may get in the way. I'll have to see.

I don't know - I can think of profound statements. I can't write like some of my blogging friends who should be publishing their work it's so well written.

Maybe inspiration will come tomorrow. I might try and make some resolutions.....that would be interesting

I should have been going to a pantomime tomorrow but thanks to London Transport being on a tube strike, I can't.

Oscar just came in saying "muuuney" - with 5p in his hand. How cute is my son! He was the best thing about 2005 and I'm sure I'll say the same this time next year.

Oh by the way - Bonjour to Pearl's friend in France!

Just read this back - disjointed or what!!! I'm tired.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well for what it's worth I think you are a FAB woman!
Here's to you, Rob and the divine Oscar in 2006 - don't make any resolutions - they're a waste of your precious time, besides, exercise is boring, don't think you smoke so that's fine and resolving to be happier only ends up with people counting all the things thay have to be miserable about, so exasperating the original problem!
My New Year will probably start with falling asleep in front of the telly (watching a clock chime is hardly the greatest thing on Earth is it?)
Still, love to you all (again) and thinking of you LOADS!
xxxxxxx