Wednesday, November 02, 2005

I am B.O.R.E.D

I am B.O.R.E.D. I know I am, I'm sure I am, I am B.O.R.E.D.

What can I say - a day spent TOTALLY indoors - the weather was horrible - I was tempted to go out anyway but he's ill and I don't want him to get wet and cold. We watched a lot of CBeebies. I made soup - yes from scratch - boiled a chicken carcass and everything. Oscar ate the soup. All of it. It took me all morning to make and he demolished it in half an hour. I should be happy because he ate....but it took so fricking long!!! Next time it's Campbells.

Though Poppy you would be proud of me and my culinary skill - I've attempted soup before and it's tasted like water. This was very yummy. I boiled the carcass with leek, onion and cabbage (left over from the chicken dinner). Plus herbs and pepper (no salt as it's for baby) Then strained it all after 2 hours and reduced it (because it tasted of nothing). Then I added 2 carrots, half a leek, an onion (all the veg I had left) and some barley. Then after another half hour I liquidised it. And it was brown and thick and looked like real soup! And tasted like real soup! There must have been at least a pint and a half. Oscar drank/ate 5 cups worth. (There's one cup left. - how many pints is that?)With toast and cream cheese. He was hungry and able to slurp. So he's had a good meal tonight. I hope he sleeps better.

I was SO bored I also ate a ton of chocolate (left over from Halloween) and made lots of popcorn and ate that too. I'm a sucker for boredom eating - it's one of my worst failings, that and comfort eating. If he doesn't get better soon I'll be the size of a house.

OK I googled with Oscar's name as per K's suggestion in my comments:

1. Oscar needs to rethink women (Kirsti's favourite)
2. Oscar needs a stunt double (he bloody does - latest trick is to throw himself backwards, arching his back, while in your arms. Suicide baby)
3. OSCAR is funded purely from donations and sponsorship (I wish)
4. OSCAR NEEDS A CHANGE OF SCENERY. (that's so true - so do I)
5. Oscar needs a good home (what are you trying to say...?)
6. Oscar needs other people’s blood to fight his infection (I'd try it if I thought it would get us out of quarantine quicker....)
7. Oscar needs a Friend (awww. He does miss his playmates. Mummy is dead boring after a while)

Ok enough. It's going to rain again tomorrow and I may just think - sod it - and go to Gambado. He isn't drooling as much.....I know I'll probably infect someone's baby but fuck it - someone infected mine! I can't take another day like today....

2 comments:

Kirsti said...

Call me at work? Though.. *does quick calculation*.. I guess Rob's home by now so you're hopefully less bored.

Yay on the soup - very impressive. Leeks are pretty good for adding flavours to soup. Hopefully Oscar is now sleeping soundly with a full tummy.

And as for the boredom.. take up knitting! Keeps you occupied, and it's a lot harder to snack while you knit. Or scrapbooking. Or crochet. Or something!

Kirsti said...

By the way.. you missed out:

Oscar needs lots of love and attention

Oscar needs a loving foster home with well-educated parents living close to top
class medical facilities

Oscar needs some help getting a start in life

Oscar needs his mommy and daddy and all his friends to come together to think
about that.

Oscar needs about 75 gallons of water

Oscar needs a good scrub with warm water and his special washcloth

So there :)