Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Aerobically challenged

I did an aerobics class (not in the water - on dry land and everything) for the first time since I was about 16 today. And i HURT already! It was good though - have joined a local gym with my friend Julie and she's going to kick my butt and encourage me to go. They have a creche on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and it's part of your membership. So I'll have no excuse not to go 3 times a week. They don't have a pool which is annoying but I still want to go and use the machines and do the classes.

I hurt though!!! (I know I said that already but I do). I did a good workout - sweated a lot and was red in the face but didn't kill myself or strain anything (as far as I know). I realised that although I love doing aqua-aerobics, it doesn't work me as hard as doing it on land.

Oscar is being manic again - running round like a mad thing all the time - eating sometimes like a starving thing, sometimes picky and not eating at all. I can't keep up with him!

Having a busy week - spent Monday up in town at a brilliant place called Coram's Fields - a park right in the middle of Holborn that's just for children (you can't get in unless you're accompanied by a little one). It has large grassy areas, a small animal area, a vegetarian cafe and lots of swings, sandpit and climbing frames. Oscar had 3 firsts - his first sandpit, the first time I've ever seen him climb and slide down a slide on his own...and his first nosebleed. He fell over quite badly and grazed his chin and bonked his nose. It was upsetting for me but he didn't seem too bothered...

I had an interview to become a Monkey Music teacher on Monday night and am now going forward to do a training day. If I'm successful there, I'll start teaching in January in Herne Hill - very excited about it.

Tomorrow I'm off to Bluewater - haven't been there for ages....will be window shopping only though as we're SKINT this month!

Ok - blathering over. Off to cook dinner and watch a documentary on Take That (how sad am I)

2 comments:

Nic said...

Hey Sal,
Aerobics? Urgh! I did post natal aerobics after Lou and that nearly killed me. When the woman suggested to me when Lucy was 5months that I might like to go to her proper class I ran a mile! Good on you though, I need to stop comfort eating and start doing some excercise or when I start living with Michael again he'll think I'm another woman. HahA

Monkey Music? Good luck, you'll be fab.

Nic and the chicken pox (AGAIN!) household
xx

So long, farewell! said...

Monkey Music sounds fab - sending love and success dust for the interview, but I'm sure you'll storm it!

Is this Julie Moolie that is kicking your arse gym wise? If so give her my long overdue love and a hug.

Moxie
xxx