Monday, May 23, 2005

Superchef me

I've been cooking up a storm the last couple of days - read my chapter on 9-12 months feeding in my Annabel Karmel book - she is my food guru. And I'm trying to get Oscar to eat more solid lumpy food.

I made some chicken and apple balls for him - they looked like the kind you'd buy in a shop and I was very proud of myself. He spat them out.....and I made a rice pudding from scratch. He spat that out too!

I tried not to take it personally. I made a very lumpy bolognaise sauce with macaroni and he ate all that. And today I made cauliflower cheese and some fish with cheese and broccoli which he seemed to like.

He's been difficult today - very clingy, won't let me out of his sight. He was in the creche today while I did aqua and he spat his food on them too - but he ate his dinner no problem this evening.

He's exhausted me today. What with being on my feet slaving over a hot stove, bouncing around in the swimming pool and singing Alouette at the top of my voice to entertain a whinging brat....I've got dinner to cook for DH and I and then I'm off to bed - haven't even had time to watch Desperate Housewives (I taped it last night)

Yawn!

No comments: