Monday, April 25, 2005

Shit day

Says it all really....details?

I usually do aqua aerobics on a Monday and I love it. This week I cancelled it because 2 mums from my GP group wanted to go swimming for the first time with their babies and the baby swim lessons were at teh same time. I was really looking forward to it - then we had planned lunch and a nice afternoon. This morning, an hour before we were due to meet, they cancelled on me.

So I had nothing to do all day and I HATE that. I have to do something - can't stay in all day or I go crazy. So at lunchtime I decide to pop out with Oscar in the car to pick up something for lunch. I got a parking ticket. £50 worth of parking ticket for being in a shop for 5 minutes. It was on a red route but in one of those dashed line parking spaces which are usually good for 20 minutes. I was in the shop for 5. But it turns out it was loading only so I was in the wrong but I think the fucking traffic warden was hiding behind a lampost to have made out the ticket so quickly.

So very expensive lunch then - £2.40 + £50.

So I came home and stayed in all afternoon with a baby who has discovered shouting is great fun.

I have a splitting headache, an overdraft, have had to cancel plans for my anniversary next week because I spent the money on the fucking parking ticket.

And I am grumpy as all hell. Sorry to vent but there you go.

2 comments:

Dixie said...

OUCH!! Beyond shit day! You have my sympathies. Nothing worse than having to blow money on something like a stupid parking ticket.

Beege said...

Hm. We all seem to be laboring under very dark clouds, lately. Wonder what's up?