Tuesday, February 22, 2005

A good day for me....

but a bad day for a friend of mine. S has a baby girl about 3 weeks older than Oscar and was also pregnant - 12 weeks pregnant, with her second. She went for her nuchal scan today only to be told the baby had died at 8 weeks. She'd had spotting, just like I had when pregnant with Oz, and had had a scan at 7 weeks and all had seemed well.

I feel awful for her. Although this baby wasn't planned she was really happy about it. I saw her last week and she was so excited to find out what sex it was. And I'm due to see her tomorrow. We meet every Wednesday. I don't know what to say to her - just hug her I suppose. In a way it's a blessing that she has her daughter - she won't have time to dwell and hide away.

We had a really nice day today. Apart from hearing the bad news. Oz had his swimming lesson this morning - he's still not a great kicker. He lies on his back in the water and tries to eat his feet.....

Then I had a conference call with my old boss about doing some research work for him from home to earn some money. And also to start working on organising a conference for 2006 for him too - again working from home.

Then my friend L and I went out to lunch - noodles yummmm- Oscar was an angel and slept all the way through lunch and a wander round the shops - woke up when we got home in time for his feed.

I haven't fed him as much today - I think that was all the puking was.....he'd stuffed himself! He had fish pie today. I've bought some more sweet potatoes too so I can make up a batch of chicken and tato pie for his highness.

So a bittersweet day. I'll be hugging my baby extra tight tonight. Sending sparkle and light out to send the baby that would have been sweetly on it's way to the stars.

No comments: